Located on the east edge of town at 415 E Locust, the Paris Fairgrounds offers plenty of opportunity for recreation, as well as space for a variety of events. There are two ball fields, a horse arena, tractor pull area, playground, picnic area, event camping, basketball court, and more. Some of the facilities are available to rent.
|RESERVATION OF PARK FACILITIES|
|South Half||$500 for 3 days|
|North Half||$200 per day|
|Entire Park||$700 for 3 days|
All unattached equipment is the responsibility of the owner.
2023 PARK RULES
- Children should be supervised at all times; especially in the playground area.
- All animals/pets are the responsibility of the owner and shall be kept restrained on a leash or otherwise confined.
- No horses or vehicles allowed on the ballfields; except with permission of the Park Superintendent.
- Speed limit should be ten (10) miles per hour. No motorcycles, UTV’s, or 4-wheelers should be driven off the designated roadways.
- No dumping of wastewater except in the dump station located on the west side of the park.
- Trash shall be kept under control and dumped in the appropriate containers.
- NO open fires are permitted. BBQ grills, camp stoves and commercial fire pits are permissible, but ashes, charcoal and other residues shall be discarded appropriately.
- No smoking allowed in the Grandstands or the concrete walking and seating are in front of the Grandstands.
PARK RULES FOR EVENTS
- It is the event sponsors responsibility to provide adequate containers to maintain trash during events.
- Event sponsors will be responsible for cleaning of the restrooms and/or kitchen areas during events.
- Event sponsors will be responsible for providing toilet paper, paper towels and trash bags during events.
- A deposit fee equal to rent is required a minimum of one (1) working day prior to the event. The Park Superintendent will conduct a post inspection of the grounds before return of the deposit fee.
- Events will require liability insurance by the event sponsor. Liability insurance must meet the requirements of the City of Paris and proof of insurance MUST be provided 72 hours prior to the event.
PARK CAMPING RULES
- All campsites are available on a first come, first served basis. Reservations will not be accepted by the City.
- Camping will only be allowed during scheduled events.
- All campers shall register at the City Office before 4:30 p.m. and pay the appropriate fee(s) prior to camping.
- The camping area is under a 10:00 p.m. noise curfew.
- Camping fees are $25/day per RV or $10/day per tent.
- Maximum stay is three (3) days.